Internet Explorer is Microsoft proprietary web browser that comes free with windows OS. With recent innovations, development in browsing engine of internet explorer program, it is back to capture browser market share in which it had earlier lost much of its percentage owing to the better and efficient Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. Microsoft engineers had to analyse and fix several issues and to bring IE in confirmation with the modern developing web and surfing demands.
Internet Explorer 6 is widely criticized version of IE and almost most of the websites on the web has stopped confirming to IE 6 compatibility. IE 6 is not very secure and therefore upgrading to latest version of internet explorer is the best and urgent recommendation.
Internet Explorer 7 is good to go but still people don’t find it that good. Although, it improved a lot as for the first time tabbed browsing was introduced in IE7.
Internet Explorer 8 is then released to capture the declining the browser market share and so far has been good and appreciated by lots of users.
Internet Explorer 9 is lately released and it is really a smart browser with all support features and enhanced rendering capabilities. Browsing in IE9 is very fast compared to earlier versions of internet explorer. It includes support for HTML 5 and cs3 elements also. Sadly this version is available only for windows vista sp2, windows 7, windows server 2008. This means that IE9 is not supported on windows xp. (IE8 is well supported on windows xp, so if you’re a windows xp user, download internet explorer 8).
Internet Explorer 10 is the upcoming version of IE and would come with windows 8. This version further improves its performance, rendering and speed capabilities with new and advanced engine and features. IE10 would be supported only on windows 7 and windows 8 dropping windows vista. (This means, IE 10 is not supported on windows vista, if you’re windows vista user, download internet explorer 9). IE10 is not yet released but its version – platform preview 2 is released for testing.
Internet Explorer for Linux and MAC
Internet explorer comes with windows os as this is exclusive software designed to run on windows only. Earlier IE:MAC was there but the product development and support has been discontinued several years ago as MAC has their own Safari browser now.
IE for Linux is not available and never developed as we said earlier that internet explorer is only for windows OS. But for linux users, there are alternatives, it is called IEs4Linux browser. This is meant just for developers for testing their websites on IE if they’re linux user. One can use this also for certain websites which work only in internet explorer. But this is not recommended for usual normal browsing. You can download internet explorer for linux from here . Note: This is 3rd party software package for linux users.
Why download Internet Explorer or Update to the latest version of IE
- It is redesigned, innovated, different and faster than ever before.
- It supports HTML 5 and CSS3 elements.
- Its rendering speed and capabilities have improved.
- Its interface has been simplified. It is easy to use. I mean everyone knows how to use it. This is the first browser for newbies. Even grandpa could use it easily.
- It is a product from Microsoft and it is well integrated with windows OS which we all use.
- It operates fast, browsing speed is superb.
- More control over privacy settings, content filter.
- It is secure and is being rapidly developed and updated.
- Few websites are designed to run good on Internet Explorer only.
- It is free for windows users. It is available for windows os only.
- Its rendering engine is different from those used by firefox, chrome or safari.
- It features addons and other enhancement capabilities.
- It also has a built download manager to organise, pause, resume downloads.
- Easy to access your favorite website in single click.
Several other features and improvements are being added to internet explorer.